Intania Honors: Dr. Tawan Limpiyakorn
Dr. Tawan Limpiyakorn
Affiliation Department of Environmental Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University
Began working on 2 January 2008
Education 1997 Bachelor of Engineering (Environmental Engineering) Chulalongkorn University
2001 M.Eng (Water Engineering and Management) Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand
2004 Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering) University of Tokyo, Japan
Experience and Contributions
Publications in Book Chapters
- Limpiyakorn T., Homklin S., and Ong S.K. (2009). Hormones. In: Contaminants of Emerging Environmental Concern (ISBN: 9780784410141), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Preston, VA. 186-234
- Ong S.K., Lertpaitoonpan W., Bhandari A. Limpiyakorn T. (2009). Antimicrobials and Antibiotics. In: Contaminants of Emerging Environmental Concern (ISBN: 9780784410141), American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Preston, VA. 141-185
Publications in International Journals
- Limpiyakorn T., Homklin S. and Ong SK (2011). Fate of Estrogens and Estrogenic Potentials in Sewerage Systems. Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology. 41, 1231-1270.
- Kayee P., Sonthiphand P., Rongsayamanont C and Limpiyakorn T. Archaeal amoA genes outnumber bacterial amoA genes in Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plants in Bangkok. Microbial Ecology. (in press).
- Homklin S., Ong SK. and Limpiyakorn T (2011). Biotransformation of 17α-methyltestosterone in Sediment under Different Electron Acceptor Conditions. Chemosphere. 82(10), 1401-1407.
- Limpiyakorn T., Sonthiphand P., Rongsayamanont C. and Polprasert C (2011). Abundance of amoA Genes of Ammonia-oxidizing Archaea and Bacteria in Activated Sludge of Full-scale Wastewater Treatment Plants. Bioresource Technology. 102(4), 3694-3701.
- Sonthiphand P. and Limpiyakorn T (2011). Change in Ammonia-oxidizing Microorganisms in Enriched Nitrifying Activated Sludge. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 89(3), 843-853.
- Sonthiphand P.and Limpiyakorn, T (2010). Communities of Ammonia-oxidizing Archaea and bacteria in enriched nitrifying activated sludge. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 64, 425-428.
- Cheng X., Imai T., Yamaguchi J., Limpiyakorn T. and Reungsang A (2010) Evaluation of the Innovated Disinfection Process with High Dissolved CO2. Journal of Water and Environment Technology. 8(3), 177-184.
- Rongsayamanont C., Limpiyakorn T., Law B. and Khan E. (2010) Relationship between Respirometric Activity and Community of Entrapped Nitrifying Bacteria: Implications for Partial Nitrification. Enzyme and Microbial Technology. 46, 229-263.
- Kutako M., Limpiyakorn T., Luepromchai E., Powtongsook S., and Menasveta P. (2009) Inorganic Nitrogen Conversion and Changes of Bacterial Community in Sediment from Shrimp Pond after Methanol Addition. Journal of Applied Sciences. 9(16), 2907-2915.
- Homklin S., Wattanodorn T. Ong S.K. and Limpiyakorn T. (2009) Biodegradation of 17-alpha-methyltestosterone (MT) and Isolation of MT-degrading Bacterium from Sediment of Nile tilapia Masculinization Pond. Water Science and Technology, 59 (2), 261-265.
- Siripattanakul S., Wirojanagud W., McEvoy J., Limpiyakorn T. and Khan E. (2009) Atrazine Degradation by Stable Mixed Cultures Enriched from Agricultural Soil and their Characterization. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 106, 986-992.
- Limpiyakorn T., Sakamoto Y., Kurisu F. and Yagi O. (2007) Effect of Ammonia and Nitrite Concentrations on Communities and Populations of Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria in Laboratory-Scale Continuous-Flow Reactors. FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 60, 501-512.
- Limpiyakorn T., Kurisu F. and Yagi O. (2006) Quantification of Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria Populations in Full-Scale Sewage Activated Sludge Systems and Assessment of System Variables Affecting their Performance. Water Science and Technology. 54(1), 91-99.
- Limpiyakorn T., Kurisu F. and Yagi O. (2006) Development and Application of Real-time PCR for Quantification of Specific Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria in Activated Sludge of Sewage Treatment Systems. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 72, 1004-1013.
- Limpiyakorn T., Shinohara Y., Kurisu F. and Yagi O. (2005) Communities of Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria in Activated Sludge of Various Sewage Treatment Plants in Tokyo, FEMS Microbiology Ecology. 54 (2), 205-217.
- Limpiyakorn T., Shinohara Y., Kurisu F. and Yagi O. (2004) Distribution of Ammonia-Oxidizing Bacteria in Sewage Activated Sludge: Analysis Based on 16S rDNA Sequence. Water Science and Technology. 50 (8), 9–14.
Secrets of success
True success does not happen from fulfilling one's goal, but releasing one's hold on it.
This prize does not indicate success in being a teacher. Being a good researcher does not mean being a good teacher. A good teacher should always be aware that they are using research work to teach students, not using students to perform research work. Wherever the balance point between student quality and research quality is, is where the balance point between being a teacher and being a researcher is. So where is the balance point between being a teacher and being an engineering? And the balance point between being a researcher and being an engineer?